Sneak Peek of Austin’s Latest Project
May 12, 2014
Hi everyone just wanted to say thanks again for all of your continued support and thought I would give you a sneak peek of something I’m working on! I couldn’t have gotten here without you guys.
I started this project a couple of months ago during a Lighting and Rendering Class and have continued working on it into my Sound Design Class. The process included:
1. Coming up with a concept
2. Creating a storyboard
3. Filming the opening scene with an aerial video Quadrocopter
4. Tracking the footage and re-creating the environment in 3D space
5. Creating the biplane and banner attempting to match the environment’s lighting and physics along with matching the cameras depth of field and motion blur. This was the most time consuming part and took about 30 hours.
6. Using google maps I put together some images to animate the blast off scene
7. Created the earth, moon and stars and attempted to simulate lighting based on photos taken by astronauts for the final sequence flying to the moon.
8. Took all the finalized clips and put them together in order then refined color and added final effects
9. The final step was adding sound using a sound effects library and placing in the song “5 Years Time by Noah and the Whale,” to tie it all together!
Lipstick Surf Co is a company a couple of my lifelong friends and I launched about a month ago based out of Carlsbad California. We provide surfers with out of this world fruit loops scented surf wax, shirts, hats, jackets and will soon be making surf leashes, traction pads and surf boards! We currently sell our products in local surf shops and on our new website at www.LipstickSurf.com Our goal is to take it to the moon!
Thanks for all the great advice!! I’ve been reading all of the comments as they come in.