The Owl Box Disconnected
December 12, 2010
I know one lady said, “Technology, what technology? All you got to do is plug in a camera.” Today I removed 2,100 feet of cabling, 5 -75 foot extension cords, 2 power USB to Cat -5 power boxes, and that is just the outside cabling. Inside I disconnected 3 computers, 3- 6 socket extension cords with surge protectors, wiring for three internet connections, 3 security camera power supplies, one VCR recorder, 1 security 4 camera recorder and 5 monitors. We ended up with over 20 million hits and over 13 million unique viewers plus we were on the air 24 hours a day for 8 solid months. I also removed 3-12 foot ladders and 2 infrared spot lights. When I turned off the cameras we had 8 different cameras online for broadcast. I had purchased 15 cameras of which a third have already been trashed. Three computers also failed during the 8 months of none stop broadcasting, 2 had to be replaced and 1 was repaired. Donna and I worked around the clock to keep the owl box up and running along with a great bunch of Moderators that never slept to keep the chat room G-rated. I am not complaining, what I want to say is Gee, that was fun and I was a part of it. But I also want you to know that is was not just plugging in a camera.
If you had as much fun as I did and you want to show your support you can do it in several ways.
1. You can help send a great kid to college and purchase Austin’s DVD, Molly’s Story, a documentary DVD. All the money goes into his college fund. http://austin4media.com/
2. You can visit our (Carlos and Donna’s) online store http://www.cafepress.com/mollytheowl and buy something you like. Right now there is a sale going on, you can buy a large framed print of Molly and McGee for $50. http://www.cafepress.com/Mollytheowl.493985720
3. You can buy a book from http://mollytheowlbooks.com/ There is the hardcover Molly the Owl, it is available, order now and get it or give for Christmas. There are two photo books by me (Carlos Royal) neither are available for delivery yet. Molly and McGee, a photo book of the first clutch should be delivered in January. The Second Clutch photo book will not be delivered until April/May. These three books are a great way to remember and share this once in a life time experience.
4. You can purchase one of Chris Adams Fine Art Prints http://www.rocketmancreative.com/mollytheowlfineart.html
5. There is one more person that was such a big part of The Owl Box, Barbara Allen and I recommend everyone buy her CD of Molly Songs. Even if you recorded them you should buy them to show your support. In fact, let me put it this way, if you can only afford one item, then let it be Barbara Allen’s the Molly Song CD.
You can purchase the Molly Song CD from Barbara for only $8.00 plus Shipping and Handling. Remember when you buy a CD, $1 goes to Mead School and $1 goes to San Marcos Community Foundation. Just send Barbara an email BARLYOWL@aol.com and let her know how many you want. Don’t forget to send her your mailing address.
We will be rather busy until next year. We have a wedding to get ready for. The camera are off and the cabling has been removed. We can not see what’s going on inside the box. As you can see fromt he last photo there are no eggs.
Thanking you in advance for all your support.
Carlos, Donna and Austin
P.S. CafePress Sale ends tonight. http://www.cafepress.com/mollytheowl